Thursday, November 25, 2010

Things I'm Thankful For

Since it's Thanksgiving, I figured I would write up a quick list of all the things I'm thankful for, and then post it here publicly on my blog -- which I suppose is a little bit like the modern equivalent of shouting it from the rooftops. So, in no particular order:

I'm thankful for my amazingly wonderful husband, my loving extended family, and many loyal friends both in Chicago and scattered across the country. I'm thankful that most of my loved ones are in good health, and that the few who have been ill are now steadily recovering.

I'm thankful that my husband and I have managed to remain employed throughout the financial meltdown, and I'm thankful that, while we're not wealthy by any stretch of the imagination, we're not struggling financially as badly as many Americans are.

I'm thankful to have a roof over my head, even if I do complain about the lack of natural light from time to time. I'm thankful to have a warm bed to sleep in and plenty of food to eat.

I'm thankful to have been born in an industrialized nation at a time when technology enables me to have electricity, hot running water, modern medicine, the internet, and a million other conveniences. I'm pretty sure the greatest kings of the greatest empires in history didn't lead lives half as luxurious as we do.

I could probably keep adding things to this list, but I need to go gather with my family and feast on a giant turkey pretty soon, so I guess I'll wrap it up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to add a comment, even if this post is weeks or months old by the time you find it. I always love hearing what people think!